How we’re keeping you safe during COVID-19
COVID-19 has forced all of us to make changes in our lives. However, we are happy to announce that we will be RE-OPENING for in-person treatments as of May 19, 2020. We have been hard at work over the past several weeks developing a plan to help keep both our team and you, our valued clients, safe and sound. In that regard, there will be some temporary changes for the first several weeks of our re-opening. These changes are meant to reduce social interactions, allow for proper personal protective equipment to be used, and to facilitate proper cleaning of our clinic. We will continue to be offering TELEHEALTH visits for those that are unable to come into our clinic. Here is a summary of the changes to IN-PERSON treatment:
In an effort to reduce social interactions for our customer care team, we will be asking that all patients who are able to pay via credit card due so by providing their card details to our customer care team in advance of their appointment. Your card info will be inputted in an encrypted format into our scheduling and billing software, Jane. Full card info will not be stored and billing will only occur after your appointment is completed. For further information on the encryption and safety of this process, please read: https://jane.app/guide/privacy-and-security/is-jane-pci-compliant
- Arriving to your appointment
There will be several changes to the normal flow of how you will interact with us in the clinic as detailed below:
- Please arrive only 5 minutes prior to your appointment. Upon arrival you will be taken directly into your treatment room.
- We ask that you do not bring any spouses, partners, children, or any other guests with you due to limited seating in our waiting room
- You will be required to sanitize your hands upon entering at our sanitizing station
- You will be screened for any signs and symptoms related to covid-19
- Your temperature will be checked using an infrared thermometer by our customer care team
- Come dressed in appropriate attire: gym shorts, tank tops, etc as we will temporarily be unable to provide shorts and gowns for you to use
- Please do not bring in any unnecessary items like large purses, bags, or coffee mugs to limit cross-contamination
- Please try and go to the washroom prior to departing for your visit. We will have washroom facilities available but we are trying to minimize their use.
- Please follow the instructions of the customer care team and the arrows on the ground to avoid unnecessary contact with other patients and staff
- Personal Protective Equipment & Cleaning
Our clinical team (Physio’s and RMTs) will all be wearing masks, goggles, gloves, and gowns. I know this may make our clinicians look a little bit like Darth Vader, but it helps keep both them AND you safe! All of these items will be changed and cleaned in between treatments. In addition:
- Physiotherapists will also be cleaning rooms in between treatments with a special cleaner that has been approved by Health Canada to be effective against COVID-19.
- All exercise items that cannot be properly cleaned (cloth or porous items) have been removed from treatment rooms. This means that your PT or RMT may not be able to demonstrate all exercises in clinic as previous. However, we have started using a phenomenal exercise program called Physitrack which should more than make up for this. To learn more about this then click HERE
- Pillows will have vinyl coverings and be wiped down in between treatments.
As a result of all these changes, we have had to allow for an extra 15 minutes after each appointment. This will not effect your appointment in any way – you will be seen for your normal length of time and there will be no additional charges. However, this extra 15 minutes does mean that we cannot see as many patients in a typical day. It also makes it a bit more challenging for us to schedule appointments, which is why we have temporarily disabled online booking. We ask that you CALL into our offices to make BOTH in-person AND telehealth appointments. You can reach our CUSTOMER CARE team at:
Cobble Hill Clinic: 250-743-3833
Duncan Clinic: 250-856-0531
What We Ask of You…
We are doing our best to make our environment safe for you to be treated at our clinic. In order to keep our clinics safe, we ask that you please stay home if you are sick. There will be NO FEES for last minute cancellations due to sickness. For more info about COVID-19 signs and symptoms, please refer to: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/symptoms
We look forward to seeing you all soon!
We will keep you updated any changes to the above policies